Sunday, 12 February 2017

Books - Quotes

Books are my friends, my companions. They make me laugh and cry and find meaning in life. - Christopher Paolini

Books are the carriers of civilization. Without books, history is silent, literature dumb, science crippled, thought and speculation at a standstill. - Barbara Tuchman

Books are the legacies that a great genius leaves to mankind, which are delivered down from generation to generation, as presents to the posterity of those who are yet unborn. - Joseph Addidson

Books are the liberated spirits of men. - Mark Twain

Books are the mirrors of the soul. - Virginia Woolfe

Books are the training weights of the mind. - Epictetus

Books open your mind, broaden your mind, and strengthen you as nothing else can. - William Feather

Books serve to show a man that those original thoughts of his aren’t very new after all. - Abraham Lincoln

Every novel is an ideal plane inserted into the realm of reality. - Jorge Luis Borges

Give me a man or woman who has read a thousand books and you give me an interesting companion. Give me a man or woman who has read perhaps three and you give me a dangerous enemy indeed. - Anne Rice

He who possesses good books without gaining any profit from them, is like an ass that carries a rich burden and feeds upon thistles. - John Thorton

How many good books suffer neglect through the inefficiency of their beginnings! - Edgar Allan Poe

I always assume that a good book is more intelligent than its author. It can say things that the writer is not aware of. - Umberto Eco

I can't imagine a man really enjoying a book and reading it only once. - C. S. Lewis

I feel that books, just like people, have a destiny. Some invite sorrow, others joy, some both. - Elie Wiesel

I stepped into the bookshop and breathed in that perfume of paper and magic that strangely no one had ever thought of bottling. - Carlos Ruiz Zafon

More quotes on Books Here

No comments: