Monday 12 August 2019

The Kite Runner

The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini

A moving, beautiful story of friendship, betrayal, and salvation brilliantly woven, and told... set in Afghanistan, from its pre-Russian invasion glory through the terrible reign of the Taliban.

I finished reading this novel recently. It was my second read. A beautifully written story which thoroughly moved me, for the second time. I read it some years back, and I remembered only the bits that stood out. On my second read, so many important details surfaced which I have completely forgotten that was in the book.

The book was published in 2003, and made into a movie in 2007. Sometimes, the movie does not do the book justice, and sometimes the movie is better than the book. I haven’t seen the movie, so I can’t compare the movie with the book. Incidentally, the movie was nominated for the Golden Globe Award for Best Foreign Language Film.

Have you read the book? If you are looking for a novel to read, I recommend The Kite Runner.

No comments: