Monday 5 January 2009

The Philososphy Of Life


There are many aspects of life. The more noted and familiar ones are the temporal (worldly), religious, spiritual, philosophical, mystical, holistic …… aspects. 

I am more interested in the philosophical side of life which encompass the spiritual (not to be mistaken as religious), as well as the mystical aspects. I have always wondered what life is all about – always felt that there’s more to life than meets the eye. The way I see it, we are but a minute existence of this Universe. We are but a very small part in the scheme / nature of things. It has always been my desire to learn more about life, about nature, about the cosmic, and about my place in nature’s scheme of things.

I tried looking for answers in religion, and I realized that the answers can never be found there. However, I found Buddhism, which to me is more of a philosophy of life than a religion. Buddhism has answered some of my questions and helped in my outlook of life. I think my life is richer because of Buddhism.

I don’t know if I will ever find the answers I am looking for, but I intend to make the pursuit my hobby/past-time/interest for life. This may not be a hot topic with most people but for those who are interested or curious, look out for this space on Mondays. And If you have something to contribute feel free to drop me a line.

The object of studying philosophy is to know one’s own mind, not other people’s. - William Ralph Inge 

1 comment:

Sue said...

I'll be very interested in reading your thoughts... I have similar feelings myself, and the things I have been reading on Buddhism are very helpful.