Friday 11 January 2008

Smile


You know how we sometimes ask our friends the question, “What is it in a person that attracts you?” and we get all sorts of answers. Or when we were asked that question and we could not come up with a satisfying answer.

Until recently, I wasn’t quite sure what is it in a person that attracts me. Now, if anyone were to ask me that question, I would answer, ‘the smile’, without a second thought. I think a smiling face attracts me most in a person.

To me, a genuine smile radiates warmth, and shows that the person is sincere, happy, well adjusted. A smile relaxes me, assures me that all is well, that my presence is appreciated - it shows comradeship. A smile also does wonders for our appearance. To me, a face with a smile is never ugly.

Does a smile do anything for you?


Do not go for looks; they can deceive. Do not go for wealth; even that fades away. Go for someone who makes you smile, because it takes only a smile to make a dark day seem bright. Find the one that makes your heart smile. Unknown

Smile. The sunshine of your smile might chase the clouds from someone’s life today. It may be the ray of sunshine that someone needs in an otherwise stormy day. Unknown

Never frown, even when you are sad, because you never know who is falling in love with your smile! Unknown

A smile is an inexpensive way to change your looks. - Charles Gordy

No comments: