Thursday 17 July 2008

I feared


I feared…

… being alone until I learned to like myself. 
… failure until I realized that I only fail when I don't try. 
… people's opinions until I learned that people would have opinions about me anyway. 
… rejection until I learned to have faith in myself. 
… pain until I learned that it's necessary for growth. 
… the truth until I saw the ugliness in lies. 
… life until I experienced its beauty. 
… death until I realized that it's not an end but a beginning. 
… my destiny, until I realized that I had the power to change my life. 
… hate until I saw that it was nothing more than ignorance. 
… love until it touched my heart, making the darkness fade into sunny days. 
… ridicule until I learned how to laugh at myself. 
… growing old until I realized that I gained wisdom every day. 
… the future until I realized that life just kept getting better. 
… the dark until I saw the beauty of the starlight. 
… the light until I learned that the truth would give me strength. 
… change until I saw that even the most beautiful butterfly had to go through metamorphosis before it could fly.

- Source Unknown 

No comments: