Monday 18 December 2017

Oxymoronic Quotes

Having, then, once introduced an element of inconsistency into his system, he was far too consistent not to be inconsistent consistently, and he lapsed ere long into an amiable indifferentism which to outward appearance differed but little from the indifferentism. - Samuel Butler

Gentlemen, you can’t fight in here! This is the War Room. - Dr. Strangelove

He hasn't a single redeeming vice. - Oscar Wilde

Health food makes me sick. - Calvin Trillin

How old would you be if you didn’t know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

I did my best to go in a circle, hoping in this way to go in a straight line. - Samuel Beckett

I have made this letter longer than usual because I lack the time to make it shorter. - Blaise Pascal

I know that I am intelligent, because I know that I know nothing. - Socrates

I made a wrong mistake. - Yogi Berra

I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life and that is why I succeed. - Michael Jordan

If you wish to forget anything on the spot, make a note that this thing is to be remembered. - Edgar Allan Poe

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is. - Yogi Berra

No comments: