Thursday 2 January 2020

Second Anniversary on Steem

First of all, A very Happy New Year to all. Here's wishing you a great year in 2020! And may it be a better year than last year.

So, two years ago, on this day, I posted my first post on Steem. I joined on the recommendation of my friend @sinlg. I did not know anything about cryptocurreny then, and I hadn’t a clue how Steem works. ‘Post and get paid’, was what he told me.

Slowly, I learn what Steem is all about - what is the right thing to do, what is not. Two years later, I am still here. I am still posting. It has been quite a journey - an enjoyable one no less. I have enjoyed posting, and interacting with my fellow Steemians, and collecting some Steem tokens along the way.

In my first year, I managed 100 Steem Power. Today, I am up to 1,045 SP. So, I guess it has been a ‘good year’ on Steem for me. I am happy with what I have got. I am sure, I could have done better. But then again, it could have been a lot worse. Anyway...

Here is my take on Steem. Opening an account with steem is like taking out a piece of blank paper, and then putting your creative juices to work. You are sometimes pleasantly surprised, and sometimes disappointed, by the reception of your work. But that is Steem. You shouldn’t let that get to you. It’s nothing personal. Brush it off, and keep producing, and keep creating. Keep your creative juices flowing. Sooner or later, your works will find an audience.

Meanwhile, believe in yourself and plod on. See what others on Steem are doing. Learn from them. Ignore the noises, the negative opinions of the platform. Do what you enjoy, and enjoy what you are doing, so that even if at the end of the day, your efforts didn't amount to much, at least you can take comfort that you had fun creating. You will have enjoyed the process.

You might think it is time wasted, but let me assure you, your time is not wasted. You had fun creating, and you have honed your skills in whatever you were creating. That is why I stress that you should enjoy what you are doing. Do what you enjoy.

If you have doubts about the platform, it is good to do it on a part-time basis, instead of going in full time. In this way, even if Steem doesn’t work out, at least you have a regular income.

There are many ways, channels to succeed on Steem - if you are industrious, and if you believe in Steem. There are many communities, tribes, tags you can follow and be a part of, or you can just go about it your way, like me. Do what you enjoy, what you like. See what works, what give you most pleasure.

You are the creator, the artist, and Steem is the canvas. Do as you please - within the Steem guidelines, of course. Best wishes to all new comers. See you around.

No comments: