Thursday 7 April 2011

Friends


I don’t need a friend who changes when I change and who nods when I nod; my shadow does that much better. - Plutarch

Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow; Don't walk behind me, I may not lead; Walk beside me, and just be my friend. - Albert Camus

If I cannot understand my friend’s silence, I will never get to understand his words. - J. Enoch Powell 

Candour is a compliment; it implies equality. It's how true friends talk. - Peggy Noonan

You can always tell a real friend: when you've made a fool of yourself he doesn't feel you've done a permanent job. - Laurence Peter

Wherever we are, it is our friends that make our world. - Henry Drummond

Our friends interpret the world and ourselves to us. - Amos Bronson Alcott

The best time to make friends is before you need them. - Ethel Barrymore 

To have one good friend is to keep the darkness at bay. - Pam Brown

Never do a wrong thing to make a friend or to keep one. - Robert E. Lee 

My best friend is the one who brings out the best in me. - Henry Ford

What is a friend? A single soul dwelling in two bodies. - Aristotle 

The only way to have a friend is to be one. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

One loyal friend is worth ten thousand relatives. - Euripides 

Where there are friends there is wealth. - Titus Maccius Plautus

Reprove thy friend privately; commend him publicly. - Solon

Be slow in choosing a friend, slower in changing. - Franklin

Between friends there is no need of justice. - Aristotle

The best mirror is an old friend. - George Herbert

Friends are thieves of time. - Francis Bacon

No comments: