Saturday 22 June 2013

Master - Quotes

Be master of your petty annoyances and conserve your energies for the big, worthwhile things. It isnt the mountain ahead that wears you out – its the grain of sand in your shoe. - Robert Service

I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul. - William Ernest Henley

If one does not reflect, one thinks oneself master of everything. When one reflects thereon, one sees that one is master of nothing. - Unknown

No man is free who is not master of himself. - Unknown

One can have no smaller or greater mastery than mastery of oneself. - Leonardo Da Vinci

Only one who devotes himself to a cause with his whole strength and soul can be a true master. For this reason mastery demands all of a person. - Albert Einstein

The eye of the master will do more work than both his hands. - Benjamin Franklin

The man who gives me employment, which I must have or suffer, that man is my master, let me call him what I will. - Henry George

We are masters of what we keep to ourselves and slaves of what we say. - Unknown

We nearly always make ourselves masters of those whom we know well, because he who is thoroughly understood is in some sense subject to those who understand him. - Magdeleine Sable

2 comments:

Belinda said...

Long time no comment, but still like.
Belinda

Vincent said...

Hi Belinda,

Thanks! Nice to hear from you again! :-)

Cheers,
Vincent