Tuesday 19 February 2019

Teaching - Quotes

Good teachers know how to bring out the best in students. - Charles Kuralt

Good teaching is more a giving of right questions than a giving of right answers. - Josef Albers

Great teachers empathize with kids, respect them, and believe that each one has something special that can be built upon. - Ann Lieberman

He who dares to teach must never cease to learn. - Richard Henry Dann

Housework is a breeze. Cooking is a pleasant diversion. Putting up a retaining wall is a lark. But teaching is like climbing a mountain. - Fawn M Brodie

I am learning all the time. The tombstone will be my diploma. - Eartha Kitt

I cannot teach anybody anything, I can only make them think. - Socrates

I have come to believe that a great teacher is a great artist and that there are as few as there are any other great artists. Teaching might even be the greatest of the arts since the medium is the human mind and spirit. - John Steinbeck

I have learned silence from the talkative, toleration from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind; yet, strange, I am ungrateful to those teachers. - Khalil Gibran

I like a teacher who gives you something to take home to think about besides homework. - Lily Tomlin

I never teach my pupils, I only attempt to provide the conditions in which they can learn. - Albert Einstein

I pretend not to teach, but to inquire. - John Locke

I think the teaching profession contributes more to the future of our society than any other single profession. - John Wooden

I’m more interested in arousing enthusiasm in kids than in teaching the facts. The facts may change, but that enthusiasm for exploring the world will remain with them the rest of their lives. - Seymour Simon

I’ve been making a list of the things they don’t teach you at school. They don’t teach you how to love somebody. They don’t teach you how to be famous. They don’t teach you how to be rich or how to be poor. They don’t teach you how to walk away from someone you don’t love any longer. They don’t teach you how to know what’s going on in someone else’s mind. They don’t teach you what to say to someone who’s dying. They don’t teach you anything worth knowing. - Neil Gaiman

Ideal teachers are those who use themselves as bridges over which they invite their students to cross; then, having facilitated their crossing, joyfully collapse, encouraging them to create their own. - Nikos Kazantzakis

If you have forgotten how to be a child you cannot teach children. - Austin O’Malley

I'm not a teacher: only a fellow traveler of whom you asked the way. I pointed ahead – ahead of myself as well as you. - George Bernard Shaw

In learning you will teach, and in teaching you will learn. - Phil Collins

In teaching you cannot see the fruit of a day’s work. It is invisible and remains so, maybe for twenty years. - Jacques Barzun

It is always the teacher who must learn the most ... or else nothing real has happened in the exchange. - Kim Stanley Robinson

It is better to teach a few things perfectly than many things indifferently. - Andre Maurois

It is the supreme art of the teacher to awaken joy in creative expression and knowledge. - Albert Einstein

It is the supreme art of the teacher to awaken joy in creative expression and knowledge. - Albert Einstein

It's the student who makes the teacher, not the other way around. - Carlos Ruiz Zafon

No comments: