Saturday 4 February 2012

Friends


Do not keep the alabaster boxes of your love and tenderness sealed up until your friends are dead. Fill their lives with sweetness. Speak approving, cheering words while their ears can hear them and while their hearts can be thrilled by them. - Henry Ward Beecher

The friend in my adversity I shall always cherish most. I can better trust those who helped to relieve the gloom of my dark hours than those who are so ready to enjoy with me the sunshine of my prosperity. - Ulysses S. Grant

If you have but a solitary friend who is tried and true, you are among the rich in mind and heart. You have an investment that never loses. You will grow richer each day of your life. Once you have that kind of friendship, give to it all the loyalty that is yours, and what a possession you will then have.- Unknown

Celebrate with your friends when they are excited about something. But do not be there just for the good times. When your friend is upset about something, give them your full attention. Most of the time, what friends really need is a sympathetic ear, someone who understands their feelings. - Unknown

No comments: