Friday 18 January 2013

Quote Worthy


One may have a blazing hearth in one's soul and yet no one ever came to sit by it. Passers-by see only a wisp of smoke from the chimney and continue on their way. - Vincent Van Gogh

Your natural inclination is to preach and to warn other travellers of snags in the path, but isn't it better to signal to them some of the joys by the way which they might otherwise miss? - Sir Robert Baden-Powell

The thorns which I have reap'd are of the tree I planted; they have torn me, and I bleed. I should have known what fruit would spring from such a seed. - Lord Byron

Look at a day when you are supremely satisfied at the end. Its not a day when you lounge around doing nothing; its when youve had everything to do, and youve done it. -  Lord Acton 

Conceited men often seem a harmless kind of men, who, by an overweening self-respect, relieve others from the duty of respecting them at all. - Henry Ward Beecher

No comments: