Thursday 29 August 2013

Regrets - Quotes

A ton of regret never makes an ounce of difference. - Grenville Kleiser

Forget regret, or life is yours to miss. - Jonathan Larson

Heart knows no sorrow like the sorrow of regretting. - Martha Lavinia Hoffman

Here is a sovereign talisman against regret: never do that which might engender it. - David Mamet

I have no regrets. I wouldn’t have lived my life the way I did if I was going to worry about what people were going to say. - Ingrid Bergman

I see it all perfectly; there are two possible situations – one can either do this or that. My honest opinion and my friendly advice is this: do it or do not do it – you will regret both. - Soren Kierkegaard

I would much rather have regrets about not doing what people said, than regretting not doing what my heart led me to and wondering what life had been like if I’d just been myself. - Brittany Renée

I'd never understood the injunction not to regret anything, couldn't see how that wasn't cowardice. - China Mieville

In history as in human life, regret does not bring back a lost moment, and a thousand years will not recover something lost in a single hour. - Stefan Zweig

Make it a rule of life never to regret and never to look back. Regret is an appalling waste of energy; you can’t build on it; It’s only for wallowing in. - Katherine Mansfield

Never regret. If it’s good, it’s wonderful. If it’s bad, it’s experience. - The Duke

Never regret a day in your life. Good days give you Happiness. Bad days give you Experiences. Both are essential to life. - Unknown

Often regret is very false and displaced, and imagines the past to be totally other than it was. - John O’Donohue

Regret for the things we did can be tempered by time; it is regret for the things we did not do that is inconsolable. - Sydney J. Harris

Regret for wasted time is more wasted time. - Mason Cooley

Regrets are idle; yet history is one long regret. Everything might have turned out so differently. - Charles Dudley Warner

Regret is ... an unavoidable result of any loss, for in loss we lose the tomorrow that we needed to make right our yesterday or today. - Gerald Lawson Sittser

Regrets only apply when we don’t learn from a situation. No sense looking back, look forward with new knowledge and no regret. - Catherine Pulsifer

Remorse is the poison of life. - Charlotte Bronte

Some of our principal regrets in life are the opportunities we passed up and the chances we did not take. - Unknown

Temporary feelings of regret are a normal part of the mourning process. This helps us retrieve our lost dreams. If we hold on to regret, we risk trapping ourselves in a prison of unrealized dreams from which it is difficult to escape. - Barbara de Angelis

No comments: