Wednesday 11 December 2019

That Time of the Year

So, it’s that time of the year again. The time when the retailers convince you to buy presents with money you don’t have to impress people you don’t like. After all, it is the season of giving, and gifting. And the malls, they play the music to induce you to spend, and spend without thinking.

They didn’t fool me, though. Oh no, not me.

Anyhow, I was out for dinner with a friend in the heart of the city, and of course, the whole street is decorated with lights - another way of inducing the festive mood in you. All the malls were playing more less the same music, and everywhere I turn, I see people with bags and bags of stuff. They all seem jolly enough. Well, wait till they see their credit card bills. Then they won't be so jolly anymore.

But I digressed. After dinner, my friend and I decided to take a walk along the busy, and also, most expensive street / road in Singapore – Orchard Road.

Here are some pictures of the lights and decorations along the road. The decos and designs are different every year. Some years, they are quite impressive, and some years not so great. This year's is all right, I suppose - not too tacky, but certainly not the best. But then again, to each his own. I can't even remember what last year's was like.

And it snowed in the heart of the city. Artificial snow, of course.

Penguins - a long way from their habitat.

No comments: