Sunday, 20 September 2026

Mount Calamorro

Spain is one of the most mountainous countries in the world. This is Sierra de Mijas – one of the many mountain ranges, and there is Mount Calamorro to the right.

Mount Calamorro can be seen from any point in Benalmadena. It is also one of Benalmadea’s tourist attractions. From Arroyo de la Miel, you can take a cable car at the Teleférico cable car, to the top. The ride is about fifteen minutes.


Cable cars to take you up there.

In Summer, the cable car operates until 11 pm. The view at night will no doubt be very different from that in the day. I am sure it will be just as beautiful, if not more so, with the lights from the towns and villages in the distance.

From the top of the Calamorro mountain, you get a panoramic view of the Costa del Sol. On a clear day, it is possible to see as far as Gibraltar.

I was up there once on my first visit. So, been there done that and I think once is quite enough, since I don’t feel very comfortable in cable cars nor do I like heights.

Mount Calamorro seen from the town.
From the bottom of the park, one can see Mount Calamorro in the back.

You can click on the picture for a better view.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ BLOGGER ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Thank you for stopping by. Follow me if you find my posts interesting. If you know of anyone who might appreciate them, do recommend the blog to them. Cheers!

No comments: