Thursday 19 January 2012

Quote Worthy


Don't dwell on what went wrong. Instead, focus on what to do next. Spend your energies on moving forward toward finding the answer. - Denis Waitley

There is this benefit in brag, that the speaker is unconsciously expressing his own ideal. Humor him by all means; draw it all out, and hold him to it. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

The Pertinent Question is NOT how to do things right – but how to find the right things to do, and to concentrate resources and efforts on them. - Peter F. Drucker

If you are cold, tea will warm you; if you are too heated, it will cool you; if you are depressed, it will cheer you; if you are excited, it will calm you. - William Ewart Gladstone

If I were to say, "God, why me?" about the bad things, then I should have said, "God, why me?" about the good things that happened in my life. - Arthur Ashe

There is no kind of dishonesty into which otherwise good people more easily and frequently fall than that of defrauding the government. - Benjamin Franklin

The die was now cast; I had passed the Rubicon. Swim or sink, live or die, survive or perish with my country was my unalterable determination. - John Adams

Conceited men often seem a harmless kind of men, who, by an overweening self-respect, relieve others from the duty of respecting them at all. - Henry Ward Beecher

No comments: