Wednesday 24 September 2014

Food For Thought


Being positive does not mean saying that things are fine when they are not, being positive means being in touch with your emotions and expressing them appropriately. Life does not always run smoothly and acceptance of this is at the very heart of positivity. - Lynda Field

As I began to love myself, I freed myself of anything that is no good for my health – food, people, things, situations, and everything that drew me down and away from myself. At first I called this attitude a healthy egoism. Today I know it is ‘Love of Oneself’. - Charlie Chaplin

Our problem is that we make the mistake of comparing ourselves with other people. You are not inferior or superior to any human being … You do not determine your success by comparing yourself to others; rather you determine your success by comparing your accomplishments to your capabilities. You are ‘number one’ when you do  the best you can with what  you have, every day. - Unknown

Democracy is a bit like that old Spanish story of a boy and his grandfather walking home with their burro on a hot afternoon. The grandfather rides until a passer-by scolds him for abusing the child. Then the child rides until somebody complains he is not showing respect for his grandfather. So they both ride, until another busybody asks how they could be so cruel to the burro. Somehow, they get home. - Unknown

No comments: