Monday 12 October 2015

Humorous Quotes


Humorous, quirky quotes – some of which are also profoundly true.

We are all either fools or undiscovered geniuses. - Bonnie Lin

We English are good at forgiving our enemies; it releases us from the obligation of liking our friends. - P.D. James

What a woman thinks of women is the test of her nature. - George Meredith

What is more humiliating than finding the object of your love unworthy? - Jeanette Winterson

When a man brings his wife flowers for no reason, there’s a reason. - Molly McGee

When a man has the rope about his neck, you don’t ask him about his health! - Leonid Andreyev

When a man of forty falls in love with a girl of twenty, it isn’t her youth he is seeking but his own. - Lenore Coffee

When I turned two I was really anxious, because I’d doubled my age in a year. I thought, if this keeps up, by the time I’m five I’ll be 64. - Steven Wright

When in charge, ponder; when in trouble, delegate; when in doubt, mumble. - James H. Boren

When it comes to staying young, a mind-lift beats a face-lift any day. - Marty Bucella

When philosophers try to be politicians they generally cease to be philosophers. - Walter Lippmann

When the wine goes in, strange things come out. - Johann Christopher Friedrich von Schiller

No comments: