Wednesday 6 November 2019

Komono Dragon

On my walks, I see many of these tree lizards.

Occasionally, I see one of these. But they are usually in the distance.

On this day, I was slightly earlier than usual in taking my walk. And that is probably why I managed to see it. Later on in the evenings, the walk path is very busy, I don’t think the komodo dragon will show themselves.

The komodo dragon is also known as the komodo monitor. We, locals call them monitor lizards. I was under the impression that they are quite harmless to humans, but after reading that they “hunt and ambush prey including invertebrates, birds, and mammals,” I am not so sure now. Maybe if we leave them alone, they will not bother us too. It has been claimed that “they have a venomous bite; there are two glands in the lower jaw which secrete several toxic proteins.” So, to be on the safe side, maybe it is better to not get too close or too curious about them.

Anyway, I saw this komodo dragon ambling across the road. I was curious to know why it crossed the road. So, I followed quietly behind it and took a video of it. I guess it was looking for food.

Do you know anything about this creature? Feel free to comment.

1 comment:

James Ray said...

I know enough not to let one bite me. LOL