Sunday 17 November 2019

An Art Exhibition

A solo art exhibition – ‘100 Miniature Paintings by Ernest Chan’ at ‘SEED the Art Space’.

Yesterday, I went with some friends to the opening of our mutual friend’s solo art exhibition. Some of you will remember that I posted about a visit to an art exhibition recently - on the first of September. That was a group exhibition by Ernest and his students. Yesterday’s was his solo exhibition of 100 miniature oil paintings on wooden blocks of 3 cm x 6 cm, 3 cm by 3 cm, and 3 cm in diameter.

Here are some of the paintings on exhibition. Miniature oil painting on wood - 3 cm in diameter. These come in a glass container. I think it is a nice touch, and I am sure they will be very popular.
Magnifying glass are provided in case you want to have a closer look.
These are 3 cm by 3 cm.
This is to give you an idea of how big the blocks are. They are smaller than the first joint of my thumb.
And this is just past the second joint of my pinky.
The exhibition hall wasn't too big. But then, you don't need to have a big room for a 100 pieces of 3 cm by 6 cm blocks, or smaller, do you? Still, the room filled up quickly after the opening of the exhibition.
As of last night, I understand that 30% of the works have been sold. I would say it was a very good start of the exhibition, and I am sure, in the coming days, many more will be sold. I am happy for him.

Here is the Catalog of the Exhibition – if you are interested. You will see all the works of the exhibition, pictures of the artist at work, his curriculum vitae, and an explanation of the exhibition.

Here’s the address of the exhibition
SEED the art space
Unit 03-11 Herencia 46 Kim Yam Road

The exhibition is on until the 19th of January, but it is only on Saturdays and Sundays only – from 1pm to 6pm Weekdays are by appointments only.

No comments: