Saturday 13 August 2011

Friends


Your friend is your needs answered. He is your field which you sow with love and reap with thanksgiving. - Kahlil Gibran

To meet an old friend in a distant land is like refreshing rain after a drought. - Chinese Proverb

Ah, how good it feels! The hand of an old friend. - Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

I have lost friends, some by death — others through the sheer inability to cross the street. - Virginia Woolf 

I like a friend the better for having faults that one can talk about. - William Hazlitt

There can be no friendship without confidence and no confidence without integrity. - Samuel Johnson

Defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.- Marechal Villars 

In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends. - Martin Luther King Jr 

The ideal friendship is to feel as one while remaining two. - Anne Sophie Swetchine

No man can be happy without a friend, nor be sure of his friend until he is unhappy. - Thomas Fuller

I would prefer as friend a good man ignorant than one more clever who is evil too. - Euripides

The most beautiful discovery true friends make is that they can grow separately without growing apart. - Elisabeth Foley

Since there is nothing so well worth having as friends, never lose a chance to make them. - Francesco Guicciardini

It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 comments:

Belinda said...

Hi Vincent,
I vote for Emily Dickinson.
Regards Belinda

Vincent said...

Hi Belinda,

Very good! :-)

Cheers,
Vincent