Monday 4 November 2013

Did they actually say these?


Sometimes we say things without thinking. Sometimes words come out with a different meaning than we intended them to. Here’s a few examples.

All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others. - George Orwell

All music is folk music. I ain't never heard a horse sing a song. - Unknown

All my shows are great. Some of them are bad. But they are all great. - Lord Grade

Always go to other people's funerals, otherwise they won’t come to yours. - Yogi Berra

Baseball is ninety per cent mental and the other half is physical. - Unknown

Certainly we have bad paintings. We have only the "greatest" bad paintings. - Unknown

Congratulations. I knew the record would stand until it was broken. - Unknown

Die? I should say not, dear fellow. No Barrymore would allow such a conventional thing to happen to him. - John Barrymore

Give me a couple of years, and I'll make that actress an overnight success. - Samuel Goldwyn

Give me the luxuries of life and I will willingly do without the necessities. - Frank Lloyd Wright

Go see it and see for yourself why you shouldn’t go see it. - Samuel Goldwyn

Half the lies they tell about me aren’t true. - Unknown

He didn't say that. He was reading what was given to him in a speech. - Unknown

I always avoid prophesying beforehand, because it is a much better policy to prophesy after the event has already taken place. - Winston Churchill

I am a great mayor; I am an upstanding Christian man; I am an intelligent man; I am a deeply educated man; I am a humble man. - Unknown

I am a man of fixed and unbending principles, the first of which is to be flexible at all times. - Everett Mckinley Dirksen

I am the enemy you killed, my friend. - Wilfred Owen

I do not mind lying, but I hate inaccuracy. - Samuel Butler

No comments: