Monday 11 November 2013

Did they actually say these?


Sometimes we say things without thinking. Sometimes words come out a different meaning to the one we intended them to be. Here are a few examples.

I don’t think anyone should write their autobiography until after they're dead. - Samuel Goldwyn 

I don't believe it. Prove it to me and I still won't believe it. - Douglas Adams

I don't like spinach, and I'm glad I don't, because if I liked it I'd eat it, and I just hate it. - Unknown

I figured that if I said it enough, I would convince the world that I really was the greatest. - Muhammad Ali

I hate music, especially when it's played. - Jimmy Durante

I have been a selfish being all my life, in practice, though not in principle. - Jane Austen

I have opinions of my own - strong opinions - but I don't always agree with them. - Unknown

I love mankind; it’s people I can’t stand. - Charles De Gaulle

I may have many faults, but being wrong ain’t one of them. - Jimmy Hoffa

I never lie. I believe everything I say, so it’s not a lie. - Mark Wahlberg

I never put on a pair of shoes until I’ve worn them at least five years. - Samuel Goldwyn

I never read a book before reviewing it; it prejudices a man so. - Sydney Smith

I never said most of the things I said. - Unknown

I owe a lot to my parents, especially my mother and my father. - Unknown

I wake up every morning at nine and grab for the morning paper. Then I look at the obituary page. If my name is not on it, I get up. - Benjamin Franklin

I wanna live ‘til I die, no more, no less. - Eddie Izzard

I’m willing to admit that I may not always be right, but I am never wrong. - Samuel Goldwyn

If it isn't one thing, it's another, unless it's neither. - Unknown

No comments: