Wednesday 24 June 2020

Afternoon Walk

Above all, do not lose your desire to walk. Every day I walk myself into a state of well-being and walk away from every illness. I have walked myself into my best thoughts, and I know of no thought so burdensome that one cannot walk away from it. - Soren Kierkegaard

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Walking helps to clear your head. It is a good exercise – physically and emotionally. Sometimes, ideas pop into the head while you are walking.

Nowadays, doctors recommend that you go for walks, instead of jogs, because walking is easier on the knees.

The picture looked a bit dull and hazy. But the day was actually quite clear and beautiful. Maybe it was because of the heaving rain in the morning, and there were still water vapours in the atmosphere.

People fishing. There are plenty of fishes in the canal. But I don't know what kind of fishes they are.

More people fishing.

Rushing water. The water was still strong. It was quite a heavy rain. The rain started in the wee hours of the morning and continued till noon. Flash floods were reported at some parts of the island.

Turtles/tortoises who made the canal home. There are more of them today on the walls of the canal than usual. Maybe they need to get out of the water or risk being swept away. There was a komodo dragon too. I thought I snapped a picture of it. With the glare of the sun on the screen of the phone, I suppose it's what people called shooting blanks. Some pictures don't show up at all.

Herons and cranes are common sights fishing in the canal.

Lovely looking round-leaf weeds.

This is a Lobster Claw plant or Heliconia rostrata, also called parrot flower

The neighbourhood cat, taking its place on the last steps of the stairs. It refused to budge despite the stairs being busy with people walking up and down.

It was a very pleasant walk. Much cooler today after the rain. I am lucky to have a beautiful walk route. The route is by the side of a canal, and pathed with plants and flowers.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ BlOGGER ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Thank you for stopping by. Follow me if you like to read about Life, humour and quotes. If you know of someone who might appreciate these posts, do share the link with them. Cheers!

No comments: