Thursday 30 May 2024

Trip to Ipoh – Day 3

Day 3. We set out for Cameron Highlands after breakfast. The Cameron Highlands (金馬崙高原) is a district in Pahang, Malaysia occupying an area of 712.18 square kilometres. Cameron Highlands is approximately 90 kilometres east from Ipoh.

Developed in the 1930s, the tableland is one of the oldest tourist spots in Malaysia. Apart from its tea estates, the plateau is noted for its cool weather, orchards, nurseries, farmlands, waterfalls, rivers, likes, wildlife, mossy forest, golf course, hotels, places of worship, bungalows, Land Rovers museum, and native inhabitants (Orang Asli). - Wikipedia

I heard so much about the place from a long time ago. So, I was really looking forward to the visit. Unfortunately, I was quite disappointed because the place was not quite what I imagined nor expected. We must have gone to the wrong place. Apparently, there are eight settlements, all of which are nestled at elevations ranging from 800 metres (2,600 ft) to 1,603 metres (5,259 ft) above sea level. We might have ended up at the wrong settlement.

Ultimately, I can only blame myself for not doing my homework before visiting the place. There are other reasons for my disappointment. I expected the place to be idyllic and pristine, but the town looks rundown. Being a weekend, it was quite busy. The roads are narrow and there were traffic jams. I guess the higher the expectations, the greater the disappointment.

Anyhow, we visited a few of the attractions. They are nice but not really impressive.

Our first stop was the Hobbitoon. We didn’t enter the place. We stopped for a toilet break, had a glance of the place and moved on.

We went on to the Lavender Garden, Green View Garden, Agro market, and the ‘Mini Santorini’.
Strawberries. Either they are not in season, or they have been plucked.
Cameron Santorini
Dubbed a “Mini Santorini” by locals, this spot brings to Cameron Highlands a collection of blue-and-white “houses” made to resemble the ones on the famous Greek island.

You can click on the picture for a better view.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ BLOGGER ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Thank you for stopping by. Follow me if you find my posts interesting. If you know of anyone who might appreciate them, do recommended the blog to them. Cheers!

If you are on Facebook, drop by and take a look at my Facebook Page - 👉 HERE

No comments: