Thursday 5 March 2020

Madura's Restaurant

When you are hungry in Little India, what do you do? You look for an Indian restaurant, of course. And that is exactly what my friend and I did. However, there are so many restaurants and eateries in Little India. We had a hard time deciding which to go for. In the end, we settled on Madura's.

The Madura's is not a very big restaurant. The setting is casual, and the atmosphere relaxed. There was only one other table of customers when we arrived. However, the restaurant got filled gradually and by the time we finished our meal, all tables were taken.

Since we were not very knowledgeable when it comes to Indian food, we decided to go with the 'House Specials', or the 'Chef's Recommendations', or the 'Customer Favourites'. These were what we ordered.

Butter Chicken Masala

The Indian butter chicken curry is well established in Indian restaurant menus. This one didn't disappoint either. The curry is thick, rich and creamy, and the chicken tender. Very nice.

Madura's Mutton Masala Curry

My other favourite of the Indian cuisine is the mutton curry. The meat were always so tender. So, I was keen to compare Madura's mutton Curry. They didn't disappoint. They were tender and lovely.

Tandoori Pomfret

The Tandoori Pomfret was an experience. It was nice enough. I guess I am more used to steaming my fish than fried. Something different.

Three flavours of Naan - Garlic, Cheese and Butter

The garlic naan was easy to tell, but the cheese and butter was a bit difficult to differentiate. But it didn't matter.

A Portion of their menus.

It's not often that I go to an Indian Restaurant. But I certainly enjoyed the meal at Madura's.

No comments: