Sunday 1 March 2020

My Orchid Bloomed

My Orchid plant bloomed, for the second time. I have had it for three years. It first bloomed sometime in May last year. There were only four flowers in the first bloom. This year, there are twice the number of flowers. I am very happy to see it bloomed. May there be many more.

Google image identified them as Phalaenopsis, commonly known as Moth Orchids.

There was a time, when it looked like it was dying. Fortunately, it survived.

The first bloom with only four flowers.

There was another plant after this, but that didn’t bloom. I am still hoping maybe it will do so later.

I was very pleased to see a flower stalk from the latest shoot.

The first flower.

The second flower

The third flower

The sixth flower

Last but one flower

Finally, full bloom.

No comments: