Saturday 24 October 2020

Sarcasm

Sarcasm is a sharp, bitter, cutting expression or remark; a bitter gibe or taunt. Some are downright insulting, while some are rude, and at the same time, humorous. Sometimes, people are momentarily stunned by a sarcastic remark. They are not sure whether whoever said it was being funny, or whether they are being rude. They do not know whether to laugh, or to feel offended.

Sharpen your wit, and you will be able to get away with insulting people who take the piss out of you, without they even realizing it. Do it with a smile to confuse them further.

Have a look at the following 'examples' of sarcasm.

His designs were strictly honourable, as the phrase is; that is, to rob a lady of her fortune by way of marriage. - Henry Fielding

I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. - Rowan Atkinson

If it were not for the intellectual snobs who pay – in solid cash – the arts would perish with their starving practitioners. Let us thank heaven for hypocrisy. - Aldous Huxley

If that is not enough, will you please politely indicate that she can go to hell. - Rudolf Bing

He’d be sharper than a serpent’s tooth, if he wasn’t as dull as ditch water. - Charles Dickens

I don’t care what you say about me. Just be sure to spell my name wrong. - Barbara Streisand

He’s big as a gorilla and strong as a gorilla. Now, if he was smart as a gorilla, he’d be fine. - Unknown

I have said nothing because there is nothing I can say that would describe how I feel as perfectly as you deserve it. - Kyle Schmidt

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. - Robert McCloskey

Here lies my wife: here let her lie! Now she’s at rest, and so am I. - Anon

I don’t know what your problem is, but I will bet it is hard to pronounce. - Unknown

Her only flair is in her nostrils. - Pauline Kael

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ BLOGGER ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Thank you for stopping by. Follow me if you like to read about Life, Humour, and Quotes. If you know of someone who might appreciate these posts, do share the link with them. Cheers!

No comments: