Saturday 29 May 2021

Laugh. It Is Cheap Medicine

Laughter is our reflex to something that tickles our funny bone, our reflex to something which we find amusing. It is when we find, or see the humour – in a joke, an action or a situation.

It doesn’t matter what kind of humour you like to indulge yourself in, as long as it makes you laugh. Humour has an intellectual, as well as emotional element. Since we are all different, we respond to different types of humour. The important thing is to take things easy. See the humour in your everyday life. Laugh whenever you can. And where possible, help to spread some laughter wherever you go.

I hope the following selection of humour will bring on a chuckle, or put a smile on your face. Have a great weekend!

Whoever drinks beer, he is quick to sleep. Whoever sleeps long, does not sin. Whosoever does not sin, enters Heaven! Thus, let us drink beer! - Unknown

I never believed in Santa Claus because I knew no white dude would come into my neighbourhood after dark. - Dick Gregory

Dad always thought laughter was the best medicine, which I guess is why several of us died of tuberculosis. - Jack Handey

When I turned two I was really anxious, because I’d doubled my age in a year. I thought, if this keeps up, by the time I’m five I’ll be 64. - Steven Wright

Exercise is a dirty word. Every time I hear it I wash my mouth out with chocolate. - Charles M. Schulz

I'll do whatever it takes to win games, whether it's sitting on a bench waving a towel, handing a cup of water to a teammate, or hitting the game-winning shot. - Kobe Bryant

There is absolutely nothing to be said in favour of growing old. There ought to be legislation against it. - Patrick Moore

Death is a very dull, dreary affair, and my advice to you is to have nothing whatsoever to do with it. - W. Somerset Maugham

Everybody talks about the weather, but nobody does anything about it. - Mark Twain

I'm such a slow writer I have no need for anything as fast as a word processor. I don't need anything so snappy. I write so slowly that I could write in my own blood without hurting myself. - Fran Lebowitz

Books can also provoke emotions. And emotions sometimes are even more troublesome than ideas. Emotions have led people to do all sorts of things they later regret-like, oh, throwing a book at someone else. - Pseudonymous Bosch

No illusion is more crucial than the illusion that great success and huge money buy you immunity from the common ills of mankind, such as cars that won't start. - Larry McMurtry

In order to know whether a human being is young or old, offer it food of different kinds at short intervals. If young, it will eat anything at any hour of the day or night. - Oliver Wendell Holmes

We talked for four hours. Well, I talked for four, and she listened for two. - Jarod Kintz

You can't be as old as I am without waking up with a surprised look on your face every morning: "Holy Christ, whaddya know – I'm still around!" - Paul Newman

Dating is pressure and tension. What is a date, really, but a job interview that lasts all night. - Unknown

Curiosity, that’s what kills us. Not muggers or all that bullshit about the ozone layer. It’s our own hearts and minds. - Woody Allen

When things go well, you should be suspicious. When things go exceptionally well, start sniffing for the dog crap on the bottom of your shoe. - Rob Thurman

How many husbands have I had? You mean apart from my own? - Zsa Zsa Gabor

I am not eccentric. It’s just that I am more alive than most people. I am an unpopular electric eel set in a pond of goldfish. - Edith Sitwell

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Have a great day! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you for stopping by. Follow me if you like to read about Life, Humour, and Quotes. If you know of someone who might appreciate these posts, do share the link with them. Cheers!

No comments: