Monday 2 October 2023

Paraprosdokians

Some humour is straight forward. You see, or hear them, and you burst out laughing. Others are more subtle. You need a second or two, to see the humour in them.

Paraprosdokians are an example, the punch line is dropped a second or two later, giving what was said an entirely different meaning, wherein lies the humour. You will notice a lot of these in comedy shows. Stand-Up comedians use them a lot to get the laughs too.

Enjoy this selection of paraprosdokians. They are funny, but at the same time, there is some truth in them. May your week ahead be filled with laughter.

My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you’re ugly too. - Rodney Dangerfield

If you love someone, set them free. If you hate someone, set them free. Basically set everyone free and get a dog. - Unknown

Seize the moment. Remember all those women on the ‘Titanic’ who waved off the dessert cart. - Erma Bombeck

I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me. - Fred Allen

Take my advice, I don’t use it anyway. - Unknown

I’m an excellent housekeeper. Every time I get a divorce, I keep the house. - Zsa Zsa Gabor

No news is good news. No journalists is even better. - Nicolas Bentley

Middle age is when your age starts to show around your middle. - Bob Hope

Reading can seriously damage your ignorance. - Unknown

I like work: it fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours. - Jerome Klapka Jerome

Some people should calm down, take a deep breath and then hold it for twenty minutes. - Unknown

I have always believed that writing advertisements is the second most profitable form of writing. The first, of course, is ransom notes... - Philip Dusenberry

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ BLOGGER ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Thank you for stopping by. Follow me if you find my posts interesting. If you know of anyone who might appreciate them, do recommended the blog to them. Cheers!

If you are on Facebook, drop by and take a look at my Facebook Page - 👉 HERE

No comments: