Saturday 13 March 2021

Paraprosdokians

Some humour are straight forward. You read, or hear them, and you burst out laughing. Others are more subtle. You need a second or two, to see the humour in them.

Paraprosdokians are an example, the punch line is dropped a second or two later, giving what was said an entire different meaning, where therein lies the humour. You will notice a lot of these in comedy shows. Stand-Up comedians use them a lot to get the laughs too.

What do I do when I see someone extremely gorgeous? I stare, I smile and when I get tired … I put the mirror down. Gaurav Sindana

Some people say I’m a mean person, but it’s not true! I have the heart of a sweet man … in a jar, on my desk. - Unknown

Dress simply. If you wear a dinner jacket, don't wear anything else on it . . . like lunch or dinner. - George Burns

A sure cure for seasickness is to sit under a tree. - Spike Milligan

When angry, count to four. When very angry, swear. - Mark Twain

Life is too short to hold a grudge. Slash some tyres and call it even. - Unknown

Write what you know. That should leave you with a lot of free time. - Howard Nemerov

You look like I need another drink. - Unknown

I walk around like everything is fine, but deep down, inside my shoe, my sock is sliding down. - Unknown

Wine improves with age. The older I get, the better I like it. - Unknown

Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him. - Groucho Marx

Silence is golden. Unless you have kids – then it’s suspicious. - Unknown

In life, never look down on anybody, unless you are getting a lovely view of the cleavage! - Unknown

Someone, somewhere is made for you. Go ruin their life. - Unknown

People say I act like I don’t give a shit. I’m not acting. - Unknown

When in doubt, punt! - John Heisman

Have a great weekend!

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< BLOGGER >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Thank you for stopping by. Follow me if you like to read about Life, Humour, and Quotes. If you know of someone who might appreciate these posts, do share the link with them. Cheers!

No comments: