Sunday 7 March 2021

The Canal Along the Walk Route

There is a canal running alongside my walk route. The canal is home to monitor lizards, turtles, tortoise, and a variety of fishes.

This is one end of my walk route. The canal goes on to meet the reservoir.

On a day, when it is hot and humid, the water looks so inviting. There is always an urge to take a dip in the canal.

A visitor to the canal - an otter. This one must have got separated from its family. Otters usually travel as a family group. I saw them twice so far - a family of six. I hope this one got reunited with his family.

A monitor lizard - an inhabitant of the canal. There are quite a few of them around.

Other inhabitants of the canal - tortoises an turtles.

Herons, egrets, the occasional king fisher and humans fish at the canal.

This is the other end of my walk route. The canal goes on into the heartlands.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ BLOGGER ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Thank you for stopping by. Follow me if you like to read about Life, Humour, and Quotes. If you know of someone who might appreciate these posts, do share the link with them. Cheers!

No comments: