Saturday 6 March 2021

Of Quips and Quirks

In these uncertain times, there is nothing more appreciated than some humour. Laughter might not solve our problems, but it provides a few minutes of relaxation, and distraction from all the negative news that are going around. It is also said that a sense of humour can give our immunity system a boost, which is what we all need at times as such – in the midst of a pandemic. So, laugh whenever you can. It is cheap medicine.

There are many who dare not kill themselves for fear of what the neighbours will say. - Cyril Connolly

Early morning cheerfulness can be extremely obnoxious. - William Feather

Marriage is popular because it combines the maximum of temptation with the maximum of opportunity. - George Bernard Shaw

Only fools think they're wise; the rest of us just muddle through as we can. - Charles de Lint

They keep saying the right person will come along. I think mine was hit by a truck. - Unknown

There is only one thing in the world worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about. - Oscar Wilde

Don’t mind your make-up, you’d better make your mind up. - Frank Zappa

When I eventually met Mr. Right I had no idea that his first name was Always. - Rita Rudner

Early to bed and early to rise probably indicates unskilled labour. - John Ciardi

There is the view that poetry should improve your life. I think people confuse it with the Salvation Army. - John Ashbery

Jumping for joy is good exercise. - Unknown

If you can’t pronounce it, don’t eat it. - Unknown

Familiarity breeds contempt – and children. - Mark Twain

You can tell some fellows aren’t afraid of work by the way they fight it. - Unknown

I like my relationships like I like my eggs. Over easy. - Jarod Kintz

My husband says I feed him like he’s a god: every meal is a burnt offering. - Rhonda Hansome

Have a great weekend!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ BLOGGER ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Thank you for stopping by. Follow me if you like to read about Life, Humour, and Quotes. If you know of someone who might appreciate these posts, do share the link with them. Cheers!

No comments: