Monday 7 June 2021

I Knitted A Beanie

This is my latest project - my third Beanie. I knitted 2 beanies and 2 scarfs before this. They are all practice pieces. Hence, the material and the workmanship is not great. However, they are perfectly usable (if one is not particular about the workmanship), and no one would be any wiser, if they didn't take a closer look at the finished product. Well, maybe the expert eye could tell immediately that the work was amateurish. Anyway....

I learned knitting from YouTube videos. It all started about three years ago when a friend said she picked up knitting. I said, jokingly, that it sounded like fun, and that I would like to try it too. My friend said she had some spare yarn and a pair of knitting needles which she had no use for. She would let me have them. I can try them and see how I get on. And if I enjoy knitting, I can invest in a better pair of needles and better quality yarn.

And that was it. I started searching YouTube for videos on knitting, and I learned to knit from scratch, from watching the YouTube videos. It wasn't too difficult and I must say I enjoyed it. I am quite proud of myself. A minor accomplishment.

I don't think I will be doing a lot of knitting, as there is no motivation to do so. It is also cheaper to buy, be it a beanie or a scarf. Plus, knitting is very time consuming, and these days, time flies. There are hardly enough hours in a day.

Anyway, here are some pictures of my needle work in process.

I used circular needles for this project. I find circular needles are more convenient.

I did a knit two, purl two for the border,
... and knit one purl one for the rest of the hat.
Finally, finished knitting. And its 'tying' up loose ends.
I found myself a model.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Have a great day! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you for stopping by. Follow me if you like to read about Life, Humour, and Quotes. If you know of someone who might appreciate these posts, do share the link with them. Cheers!

No comments: