Saturday 19 June 2021

Paraprosdokians

Some humour are straight forward. You see, or hear them and you burst out laughing. Others are more subtle. You need a second or two, to see the humour in them.

Paraprosdokians are an example, the punch line is dropped a second or two later, giving what was said an entire different meaning, where therein lies the humour. You will notice a lot of these in comedy shows. Stand-Up comedians use them a lot to get the laughs too.

“Some paraprosdokians not only change the meaning of an early phrase, but also play on the double meaning of a particular word, creating a syllepsis.” - Wikipedia

If it weren’t for my lawyer, I’d still be in prison. It went a lot faster with two people digging. - Joe Martin

I forgive and forget because I have a good heart and a terrible memory. - Unknown

Sometimes I step outside and look up at the stars and think to myself … Damn I love pissing outside. - Unknown

If at first you don’t succeed, try drinking a beer while you do it. You’ll be amazed at how much less you care. - Unknown

My mum said follow your dreams, so I went back to bed! - Unknown

I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book. - Groucho Marx

When a fool dies there is much shedding of tears in the land whither he is bound. - Abraham Miller

Teamwork is essential – it allows you to blame someone else. - Unknown

I hate when people assume I don’t like them. I want them to ask me, so I can tell them myself. - Unknown

My opinions may have changed, but not the fact that I’m right. - Ashleigh Brilliant 

No man is truly married until he understands every word his wife is NOT saying. - Unknown

End discrimination. Hate everybody. - Elle Eden

A recent study has found that women who carry a little extra weight live longer than the men who mention it. - Unknown

With great power comes great utility bills. - Unknown

I would jump in front of a train for you, as long as it’s not moving. - Unknown

My grandfather is eighty and still doesn’t need glasses. He drinks straight out of the bottle. - Unknown

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ BLOGGER ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you for stopping by. Follow me if you like to read about Life, Humour and Aphorisms. If you know of anyone who might appreciate these posts, do share the link with them. Cheers!

No comments: