Tuesday 1 September 2020

Fake Maraschino Cherries

There are quite a few of these trees along my walk route. The fruits appear a few times a year.  They look like maraschino cherries, but they are not – maybe distant cousins.

One day, I was looking at one of the trees when someone walking along mentioned in passing that they are edible. Out of curiosity, I gave them a try. They are edible in that they are not poisonous. But they are too sour to be really edible. 


They look like maraschino cherries without the stalk.

I guess that is why even the birds and insects leave them alone to ripen.



^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ BLOGGER ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^


Thank you for stopping by. Follow me if you like to read about Life, Humour, and Quotes. If you know of someone who might appreciate these posts, do share the link with them. Cheers!

No comments: