Sunday 18 February 2024

Queen of the Night

My Epiphyllum oxypetalum plant, also known as ‘Queen of the night’, was looking old and tired now, partly because I have had it for at least a decade, and partly because of its exposure to the hot afternoon sun all the time. I thought perhaps it is time to replant it. I was about to cut some of the young branches to plant them, when I noticed there were actually two young buds on one of the stems/leaves. In view of that, I delayed re-planting them.

Last Sunday, the two buds bloomed. As usual, the blooms are beautiful – big, showy white flowers, with a nice, strong fragrance. I am always happy to see my ‘queen’ bloom.

You can click on the picture for a better view.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ BLOGGER ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Thank you for stopping by. Follow me if you find my posts interesting. If you know of anyone who might appreciate them, do recommended the blog to them. Cheers!

If you are on Facebook, drop by and take a look at my Facebook Page - 👉 HERE

No comments: