Thursday 7 January 2021

Orchids

The Orchidaceae are a diverse and widespread family of flowering plants, with blooms that are often colourful and fragrant - commonly known as the orchid family. Along with the Asteraceae, they are one of the two largest families of flowering plants.

Apparently, the number of orchid species is nearly equal to the number of bony fishes, more than twice the number of bird species, and about four times the number of mammal species.

Here are some pictures of Orchid flowers taken during my visit to the Gardens. Unfortunately, I am unable to tell you their names or what hybrids they are. If I have more information on them, I will do another post with all the information.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ BLOGGER ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Thank you for stopping by. Follow me if you like to read about Life, Humour, and Quotes. If you know of someone who might appreciate these posts, do share the link with them. Cheers!

No comments: