Tuesday 13 December 2022

Pond And Steams In A Garden

I love the idea of ponds and streams in a garden. In fact, I think a garden without some sort of pond or water structure is lacking something. Water goes very well with greenery. That is why a garden with ponds or streams feels doubling relaxing. The sounds and sight of running water blends very well with the flowers and the surrounding greenery.

I am pleased that there are many of these ponds and streams in the Gardens by the Bay. When I come across one, I look for reflections in the water. It might be the same pond or stream, but reflections change, depending on what angle you are at and what sort of weather you have.

Here is the ‘Swan Pond’. Unfortunately, there are not many reflections due to the aquatic plants taking up a big space of the pond. If I am not mistaken the aquatic plant is called Pistia, also known as water cabbage, water lettuce and shellflower.

Despite the name, the only swan in the pond is actually a sculpture. However, there are fishes and lots of Pistia plants in the pond. Although it is nothing exceptional, it is nevertheless, quite a nice pond.

Here’s another small pond.
A small stream.
Beautiful reflection of palm trees in a pond.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ BLOGGER ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Thank you for stopping by. Follow me if you find my posts interesting. If you know of anyone who might appreciate them, do recommended the blog to them. Cheers!

If you are on Facebook, drop by and take a look at my Facebook Page - 👉 HERE

No comments: