Monday 26 December 2022

Clematis

Clematis is a genus of about 300 species within the buttercup family, Ranunculaceae. - Wikipedia

There are over thirty varieties of Clematis – divided into three groups, early flowering, early large flowered Clematis and late flowering Clematis with many hybrids and cultivars. They are known by many names including traveller’s joy, old man’s beard, virgin’s bower, leatherflower and vase vine.

Clematis are perennials and said to grow best in cool, moist, well-drained soil in full sun. This perennial flowering vine plant comes in many colours, shapes and sizes. They attract bees, butterflies, and hummingbirds.

Some photos of the Clematis flower from the Flower Dome. There might be other cultivars and hybrids in the dome. However, I didn’t know anything about Clematis until I started looking for information on this flower. I will keep my eyes open for other varieties of this flower in my next visit.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ BLOGGER ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Thank you for stopping by. Follow me if you find my posts interesting. If you know of anyone who might appreciate them, do recommended the blog to them. Cheers!

If you are on Facebook, drop by and take a look at my Facebook Page - 👉 HERE

No comments: