Monday 6 February 2023

Paraprosdokians

Some humour is straight forward. You see or hear them, and you burst out laughing. Others are more subtle. You need a second or two, to see the humour in them.

Paraprosdokians are an example, the punch line is dropped a second or two later, giving what was said an entirely different meaning, wherein lies the humour. You will notice a lot of these in comedy shows. Stand-Up comedians use them a lot to get the laughs too.

Here are some paraprosdokians for you. Remember the ones you like, and you can go put a smile on someone's face. They might not tell you, but they will be thankful to you for that. We all like someone who can make us laugh.

I love everybody. Some I love to be around, some I love to avoid, and others I’d love to punch in the face! - Unknown

Always think before you speak. You may be able to come up with something twice as insulting. - Unknown

When you come to a fork in the road, take it. - Unknown

I love rumours. I always find out amazing things about myself that I never knew. - Unknown

Don’t be so serious, if you can‘t laugh at yourself, call me … I’ll laugh at you! - Unknown

My wife divorced me for religious differences. She thought she was God, and I didn’t. - Unknown

Never judge a book by its movie. - Unknown

I just need enough to tide me over until I need more. - Bill Hoest

When I was kidnapped, my parents snapped into action. They rented out my room. - Woody Allen

Behind every successful man, there is a woman. And behind every unsuccessful man, there are two. - Unknown

Children really brighten up a household. They never turn the lights off. - Ralph Bus

I never hated a man enough to give him diamonds back. - Zsa Zsa Gabor

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ BLOGGER ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Thank you for stopping by. Follow me if you find my posts interesting. If you know of anyone who might appreciate them, do recommended the blog to them. Cheers!

If you are on Facebook, drop by and take a look at my Facebook Page - 👉 HERE

No comments: