Thursday 29 August 2024

Food For Thought

Words are powerful stuff. They can motivate, inspire and educate us. When I come across words that resonate with me, I will take a note of them and add them to my collection. I have been doing that since my school days. They have taught me a great deal about life. It is great to to be able to understand what the quote says, and equally great to know that someone might have gone through what I am going through and have put it more eloquently.

Spare a few moments to consider the truth behind the following paragraphs.

Consider a man riding a bicycle. Whoever he is, we can say three things about him. We know he got on the bicycle and started to move. We know that at some point he will stop and get off. Most important of all, we know that if, at any point between the beginning and the end of his journey he stops moving and does not get off the bicycle, he will fall off it. That is a metaphor for the journey through life of any living thing, and I think of any society of living things. - William Golding

The power of positive thinking will not turn paraplegics into quarterbacks or the blind into astronomers. But while a leopard cannot change its spots, it can change its habits. Genes may make us susceptible to diabetes, but we can reduce the risk by avoiding obesity. Nature may play a role in lung cancer, but appropriate physical exercise may be a winning card. For in life, as in poker, you do not need a royal flush to be a winner. Sometimes a pair of deuces - a weak hand played well – is plenty. - Unknown

It has been observed that a dwarf standing on the shoulders of a giant will see farther than the giant himself; and the moderns, standing as they do on the vantage ground of former discoveries and uniting all the fruits of the experience of their forefathers, with their own actual observation, may be admitted to enjoy a more enlarged and comprehensive view of things than the ancients themselves. - Charles Caleb Colton

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ BLOGGER ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Thank you for stopping by. Follow me if you find my posts interesting. If you know of anyone who might appreciate them, do recommended the blog to them. Cheers!

If you are on Facebook, drop by and take a look at my Facebook Page - 👉 HERE

No comments: