Wednesday 8 April 2020

Facilities Along My Walk Route

With the country on ‘lockdown’, activities – social and physical have to take a backseat. I am not allowed to wander anywhere I wish. Luckily, I am still allowed to take my daily walks. So, I guess you will be seeing a lot of my walk route/path for the next month or so.

Some of you would have had a glimpse of the route I take on my daily walk. It is a nice scenic route with many facilities along the route. There are benches, exercise stations, toilets, water points... There are also many little creatures lurking on land, and in the canal. Most importantly, there are many tropical plants, and perennial flowers, en route so that there are always some colours that are pleasing to the eyes.

Today, I will show you some pictures of the route and the facilities along the route.

The starting point is just beside the building.

This is a quarter from the starting point, looking back.

A toilet with the wheelchair bound in mind. And if you are thirsty, there's a drinks vending machine - healthy drinks only!

A water point. There is another one further up the road.

There are many of these benches along the route - if you need to take a rest, or if you just want to sit and watch people huffing and puffing pass you.

Exercise station.

Another exercise station. Quite a few dotted along the route.

This is the end of my walk route, where I turn back from the roughly 3 km route. So, my daily walk is about 6 km - about 10 steps. Sometimes, if I am feeling energetic, I will walk a bit more or I will jog part of the way. There is a price to pay the next day if I jog, in the form of backaches and painful knee/knees. Therefore, I try to stick to brisk walking.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ BLOGGER ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

No comments: