Thursday 9 April 2020

Life's Little Lesson

I am not very academically inclined. Facts and figures seem to just go over my head. Luckily, I have a passion for reading, and a passion for proverbs, aphorisms, axioms, maxims and such... It is through my passions that I learned about Life.

Hence, it is my belief that quotes have a place in life. I am living example of it. The knowledge, the lessons I gleaned from quotes are invaluable to me. They are personal treasures, my pride.

If you wish to learn more about life, start taking an interest in quotes. You will learn life lessons not taught in school. You will learn lessons taught only in the University of Life.

We climb to heaven most often on the ruins of our cherished plans, finding our failures were successes. - Amos Bronson Alcott

A vigorous five-mile walk will do more good for an unhappy but otherwise healthy adult than all the medicine and psychology in the world. - Dr. Paul Dudley White

Every man desires to live long; but no man would be old. - Jonathan Swift

Time, whose tooth gnaws away at everything else, is powerless against truth. - Thomas Huxley

A child is a beam of sunlight from the Infinite and Eternal, with possibilities of virtue and vice – but as yet unstained. - Lyman Abbott

We crucify ourselves between two thieves: regret for yesterday and fear of tomorrow. - Fulton Oursler

Every science and every inquiry, and similarly every activity and pursuit, is thought to aim at some good. - Aristotle

In plain words, Chaos was the law of nature, Order was the dream of man. - Henry Adams

The solutions all are simple – after you have arrived at them. But they’re simple only when you know already what they are. - Robert M. Pirsig

There is a foolish corner in the brain of the wisest man. - Aristotle

When you go in search of honey you must expect to be stung by bees. - Joseph Joubert

He who has never learned to obey cannot be a good commander. - Aristotle

No comments: