Wednesday 29 April 2020

Wednesday Walk

Walking is the very best exercise. Habituate yourself to walk very far. - Thomas Jefferson

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

My daily walk is about six kilometers, and it takes between an hour to an hour and a half, depending on my speed, as well as how often I stopped to take pictures, or to have a word with my fellow walkers. One thing for sure, with such a scenic route, and so much to see, it is always a pleasant walk.

So, join me on this Wednesday walk, as I show you some of the scenes, flowers and plants along my walk route.

I love this scene, this section of the canal. When the water is still and it is a bright, beautiful day, I get to see this reflective image. Every time I see it, I feel like stopping to take a picture, even though I have taken quite a few of them.

There used to be a railway track. The train stopped running and the place is left empty, while the authorities decide what to do with it. Meanwhile, some walkers and bikers used the trail as there is less people here than on the walk route.

I have no idea what this plant is. It is covered in little brown blooms. Too bad they don't quite show up in the picture.

We don't have banana plantations in Singapore, but banana plants can be seen almost anywhere. These looks like they will be ripe before too long.

Beautiful small white flowers. There are pink coloured ones too. But what is interesting about this plant is that the stems and branches are very stringy, and leaves are sparse.

This is another curiosity. Beautiful tiny flowers and beside them appear this 'fruit', or maybe seed pod would be more appropriate. I have no idea what it is.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Blogger ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

No comments: