Wednesday 2 December 2020

Out and About

I went to town to meet up with a friend yesterday. I took the opportunity to have a walk, and a look around the area. I don’t go out very often. And it is common knowledge among my friends that my foreigner friends know Singapore better than I do. Go figure.

Anyway, the last time I was here in Bugis Street / Waterloo Street, (must have been August this year), the place was practically deserted because we were still in the early stages of phase II of the ‘Circuit Breaker’ lock down because of the Covid-19 virus.

Now that we are in the later part of the Phase II, things are starting to go back to some sense of normalcy. Shops have reopened, and there are more people about. These roadside stalls are seeing more life.

This is the Trishaw Office – where you book your trishaw rides. The customers are mostly tourists and there are usually more demands for the rides in the evenings. But since the pandemic, there has been no tourists arrivals, so the trishaw riders’ trade have suffered badly.

This is the vehicle sitting two passengers.

The following are some buildings in the area.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ BLOGGER ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Thank you for stopping by. Follow me if you like to read about Life, Humour, and Quotes. If you know of someone who might appreciate these posts, do share the link with them. Cheers!

No comments: