Thursday 11 February 2021

Butter Cookies

Another favourite baking item during the Chinese New Year in my household is the Butter cookies, or cashew nut cookies. I am not a baker, so I do not know how to describe the process to you. But I can tell you the process in pictures. I stealthily snapped some pictures while I sister was baking.

Eggs, sugar, butter in a mixer

Adding flour to the mix.

The ready dough.

Flattening the dough.

Moulding the dough.

Brushing the top of the cookie with egg yolk to give it some colour, and also for it to act as paste, so that when the cashew nut is placed on the cookie, it will stick.

Cookies baking in the oven.

Letting them cool off after baking before putting them away.

When baking cashew nut cookies, my sis will buy extra cashew nuts. Whatever is left after the baking, she will fry.

After frying, it was given a sprinkle of salt and left to cool.

When cooled, it goes into a tub, ready to be served.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ BLOGGER ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Thank you for stopping by. Follow me if you like to read about Life, Humour, and Quotes. If you know of someone who might appreciate these posts, do share the link with them. Cheers!

No comments: