Saturday 6 February 2021

Oxymorons

Sometimes, an oxymoron results when we do not think through what we are going to say. Sometimes, it is because language is the way it is, and a word has more than one meaning. Enjoy the following selection of Oxymorons.

There is an excellent way to make predictions without the slightest risk of error: predict the past. - Yevgeny Zamyatin

I never have tantrums. If anything makes me mad, I’m silent. If I’m not talking, leave me alone. - Pat Nixon

Always remember you’re unique, just like everyone else. - Alison Boulter

The greatest cunning is to have none at all. - Carl Sandburg

If you are willing to admit you are wrong when you are wrong, you are all right. - Unknown

The problem with some people is that when they aren’t drunk, they’re sober. - William Butler Yeats

An original artist is unable to copy. So he has only to copy in order to be original. - Jean Cocteau

When I grow up I want to be a little boy. - Joseph Heller

The important thing to remember is not to forget. - Benny Bellamacina

Art is the lie that enables us to realize the truth. - Pablo Picasso

If you want to be different nowadays, just act normal. - Evan Esar

There is nothing more certain and unchanging than uncertainty and change. - John Fitzgerald Kennedy

We must believe in free will – we have no choice. - Isaac Bashevis Singer

Being uncool is being pretty much the coolest you can be. - Rufus Wainwright

The same is not always the same. - Edward Counsel

I am not always right, but I am never wrong. - Unknown

Have a great weekend!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ BLOGGER ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Thank you for stopping by. Follow me if you like to read about Life, Humour, and Quotes. If you know of someone who might appreciate these posts, do share the link with them. Cheers!

No comments: