Monday 20 March 2023

Paraprosdokians

Some humour is straight forward. You see, or hear them, and you burst out laughing. Others are more subtle. You need a second or two, to see the humour in them.

Paraprosdokians are an example, the punch line is dropped a second or two later, giving what was said an entirely different meaning, wherein lies the humour. You will notice a lot of these in comedy shows. Stand-Up comedians use them a lot to get the laughs too.

Enjoy this selection of paraprosdokians. They are funny, but at the same time, there is some truth in them. May your week ahead be filled with laughter.

My husband and I don’t want to have children. We will be telling them tonight at dinner. - Unknown

A gentleman is any man who wouldn’t hit a woman with his hat on. - Fred Allen

I believe in luck: how else can you explain the success of those you don’t like? - Jean Cocteau

An epic is the easiest kind of picture to make badly. - Fred R. Barnard

My wife says I never listen to her. At least I think that’s what she said. - Unknown

I’ve got my faults, but living in the past is not one of them. There’s no future in it. - Sparky Anderson

If anything is worth doing, it is worth telling someone how to do it well. - Franklin P. Jones

Too much of a good thing can be wonderful. - Mae West

When I feel like exercising I just lie down until the feeling goes away. - Robert M. Hutchins

If at first you do succeed, try, try not to be a bore. - Franklin P. Jones

Regular naps prevent old age .. especially if you take them while driving. - Unknown

Take my advice, I don't use it anyway. - Unknown

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ BLOGGER ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Thank you for stopping by. Follow me if you find my posts interesting. If you know of anyone who might appreciate them, do recommended the blog to them. Cheers!

If you are on Facebook, drop by and take a look at my Facebook Page - 👉 HERE

No comments: