Tuesday 21 March 2023

Fruit Trees

I came across these fruit trees in the Gardens by the Bay during my recent visit.

Syzyglum samarangen also known as Java Apple

A curious visitor taking a closer look.
Elephant Ear Fig. The Elephant Ear Fig is so named because of its big and round leaves which resemble the ears of an elephant. It’s fruits (commonly referred to as ‘figs’ are clustered on the lower part of the main trunk and not on the branches. These figs are edible and may be consumed raw or made into jam.
This is commonly known as the cannon ball tree.
This is Piper auritum also known as Mexican pepperleaf. It is an aromatic culinary herb in the pepper family Piperaceae.
I don't know what the rest of the trees are. There was no sign to identify them.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ BLOGGER ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Thank you for stopping by. Follow me if you find my posts interesting. If you know of anyone who might appreciate them, do recommended the blog to them. Cheers!

If you are on Facebook, drop by and take a look at my Facebook Page - 👉 HERE

No comments: